The days of Light
Yesterday one of the biggest Indian festivals of Diwali took place. Oficially, it has lasted for five days. But I learnt about it only yesterday morning.
I got very curious and decided to read as much as I could about this tradition. It looks like an Indian New Year and people celebrate it with: cleaning their houses, wearing new clothes, buying presents for each otheer and, what's the most important, with the rituals such as burning the lights and doing the firework. The pictures are quite impressive!
Myself, I think a lot about the Light and try to find the innder Light of the Soul in every creature, first of all, in every person whom I meet. And my own Light as well...
I realize that in English this word has two meanings: as a noun, it's the Light of the sun, but you also can be light... not heavy... Does it mean that if you are full of Light, you are not too heavy and can move around easier? Can be.
Lighting the candles in my house, I looked at the flame and asked it to burn all the heavy stuff which my soul can contain: all the difficult feelings which I hadn't let go yet. I asked the flame to purify me, to make me lighter, happier, to let me shine and enjoy it...
Fire is my friend from my very young age. I beleive that the Fire can support me and give me advice. This is something what you can do, too. If you have doubts, pains, sadness - just sit for the candle of the campfire. And ask the Fire to help you. After that, don't forget to express your gratitude to Agni - the spirit of the Fire!
Asato ma sat gamaya | (असतो मा सद्गमय ।)
Tamaso ma jyotir gamaya | (तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय ।)
Mṛtyor ma amṛtam gamaya | (मृत्योर्मा अमृतं गमय ।)
Om shanti shanti shantihi || (ॐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ॥)
Yesterday one of the biggest Indian festivals of Diwali took place. Oficially, it has lasted for five days. But I learnt about it only yesterday morning.
I got very curious and decided to read as much as I could about this tradition. It looks like an Indian New Year and people celebrate it with: cleaning their houses, wearing new clothes, buying presents for each otheer and, what's the most important, with the rituals such as burning the lights and doing the firework. The pictures are quite impressive!
Myself, I think a lot about the Light and try to find the innder Light of the Soul in every creature, first of all, in every person whom I meet. And my own Light as well...
I realize that in English this word has two meanings: as a noun, it's the Light of the sun, but you also can be light... not heavy... Does it mean that if you are full of Light, you are not too heavy and can move around easier? Can be.
Lighting the candles in my house, I looked at the flame and asked it to burn all the heavy stuff which my soul can contain: all the difficult feelings which I hadn't let go yet. I asked the flame to purify me, to make me lighter, happier, to let me shine and enjoy it...
Fire is my friend from my very young age. I beleive that the Fire can support me and give me advice. This is something what you can do, too. If you have doubts, pains, sadness - just sit for the candle of the campfire. And ask the Fire to help you. After that, don't forget to express your gratitude to Agni - the spirit of the Fire!
Asato ma sat gamaya | (असतो मा सद्गमय ।)
Tamaso ma jyotir gamaya | (तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय ।)
Mṛtyor ma amṛtam gamaya | (मृत्योर्मा अमृतं गमय ।)
Om shanti shanti shantihi || (ॐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ॥)

No comments:
Post a Comment